Hello there! My name is Lauren. I’m a twenty-something college graduate with a bachelors in English and a pretty dry and dark sense of humor. I’m on a mission to read a wide range of books and recommend only the best to you guys! I also hope to improve my writing by doing what I love most, reading books!
Why Should You Stick Around?
I know what it’s like to think, “Holy pickles, so many books! How can I decide which ones I should fit in my budget (which is always waaaay smaller than any of us would like).” Well, I would like to help you out by giving you reviews and recommendations of books you might be on the fence about…while keeping everything fun! This way, you have a place to find cool new books while keeping some more money in your pocket.
Random Facts About Me
- My favorite book growing up was The BFG by Roald Dahl. It’s still one of my favorites and I jumped on the chance of watching it on Netflix. I went through a whole pack of tissues. A traveling pack, not an actual box. That would be crazy.
- My favorite genres are fantasy, YA, and contemporary. I also love poetry and poetic prose.
- My favorite movies are: the entirety of the Harry Potter series (Emma Watson is so rad), Guardians of the Galaxy (I haven’t seen the second one yet!), Coraline, Nightmare Before Christmas, Where the Heart Is, and Phantom of the Opera. Gerard Butler. Yesss.
- When I was a little over 2 years old, I decided one day to dance butt naked in my room after I had taken a bath. Well, my two year old self had the same amount of grace as I do now, because I ended up slipping and ripping my forehead open on a metal drawer handle. I ended up getting a few (I think eight) stitches. The first lesson here is that head wounds bleed A LOT. The second is, unless you’re a baby, don’t dance around butt naked…please. The humiliation for an adult would be SO MUCH WORSE!
- My favorite food is a tie between fried chicken and pasta. Basically any kind of pasta. Unless it has marinara sauce on it. My stomach hates tomatoes.
- I have a very eclectic taste in music but my favorite bands are Slipknot, Korn, Pink Floyd, and Panic at the Disco. I also love Jessie J, Emilie Autumn, James Arthur, and Haley Reinhart.
- My favorite author is Neil Gaiman. Neverwhere and the Graveyard Book made me a forever fan.